This article contains information that is helpful for Headway clients. If you are a provider and have questions, check out our support articles for providers!
Table of Contents
How do I update my personal information?
To update your personal information (name, pronouns, email, and phone number), you can head to your Headway account when logged in. Scroll down to “Personal Info” and choose “Edit”. Once you update the information, click “Save” and you are all set!
What do I have to do to complete my account before my first appointment?
When you are logged into your account, you can make sure your account is all set by clicking on your initials in the top right corner and navigating to Account in the dropdown menu. If you are unable to log into your account, please refer to our article on account access and password issues.
There are 3 important pieces of information that Headway requires in your account before you can see a provider.
- Payment method
- Insurance information
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Assignment of Benefits / Financial Responsibility
This is outside of any additional forms that your specific provider may ask you to fill out for their own records.
How do I update or add a new payment method?
If your payment information is changing and you’d like to update your payment method on file, you can do this by going to headway.co. Once you are logged into your Headway account, click on your initials in the top right corner and select Account.
From there, you will be able to update the payment method on file. You can link your bank account or a card directly here. Please note that if you do add your bank account, you will have to agree to the ACH Authorization.
As a reminder, we do not charge a processing fee for any transactions through Headway. Please do not send your payment information in an email to us—all of our communications are encrypted, but it is still best practice to not have this information in writing.
How do I update or add my insurance information?
When you are logged into your account, you can make sure your account is all set by clicking on your initials in the top right corner and navigating to Account in the dropdown menu
You can take care of this right within your Account when logged into Headway. Click on your initials in the top right corner, navigate to Account and follow the below steps.
- Option 1
- If you have the same carrier but new ID, remove your current information and add in the new one. We’ll recalculate your benefit and let you know if anything has changed. Be sure to add new info as soon as you have it so we can make sure everything goes smoothly!
- Option 2
- If you have a new insurance carrier, you’ll want to make sure your current therapist takes that plan. You can find this on your providers Headway profile, by sending a message to your therapist, or asking them at your next session.
We’re also happy to help you figure it out—you can always send us a message via the contact form!
How do I complete standard client forms?
If you’re a patient joining Headway, you’ll need to complete the standard forms acknowledgement in your account in order for your provider to bill your insurance for services. The forms allow Headway to submit claims to your insurance provider on your behalf. If you need help completing the forms, please see below for instructions:
- You’ve received an email from Headway titled: “Getting ready to see [your provider’s name] with Headway.” If you have not received this email, please contact your provider to ensure that they have your correct email address in their system and have sent you a welcome email. Ask them to re-send you the email if you have not received it.
- Within this email from us, please click the green “View Your Account” button.
- Your browser will open a separate tab, where you will be prompted to create an account or sign into Headway.co.
- Once you’ve signed up or logged in, you can acknowledge our standard forms from your home page by clicking “Agree to Form” underneath the “Forms” header. There are two forms to acknowledge: Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices and Assignment of Benefits / Financial Responsibility.
- Please ensure that you’ve agreed to both forms: Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices and Assignment of Benefits / Financial Responsibility.
- While you’re in your account, please also review the rest of your account and make sure that your insurance and payment information are correct.
- You’re all set to go!