This article contains information that is helpful for Headway clients. If you are a provider and have questions, check out our support articles for providers!
What do my benefits mean?
Each individual plan works differently — you can find your detailed benefits in your account. Here’s a rundown of some of the common terms you’ll see explaining your benefits:
- A deductible is a set amount of out-of-pocket spending. With a deductible plan, the out-of-pocket price per session is set by your insurance company. Once you’ve reached your deductible amount, your insurance company will start to contribute to your therapy costs. The percentage per fee they cover is determined by your plan.
- Individual Deductible
- The amount that you as an individual are responsible for paying until your insurance takes on some of the costs
- Family Deductible
- If you're on a group plan with family members, everyone’s payments will contribute to the deductible total. Once met, the insurance will take on a percentage of the costs for each of you.
- The coinsurance is the percentage of the cost you're responsible for paying after your deductible’s been met. Your insurance covers the remaining percentage.
- A copay is a flat rate per session set by your insurance plan. With a copay, you’ll pay the same amount for each session regardless of type or length.
- Out-of-Pocket Max
- Some plans consider an out-of-pocket maximum, i.e. the maximum amount you can spend in a given plan cycle. If you meet your out-of-pocket maximum, you won’t have any expenses until your plan resets.
How do I update or add my insurance information?
When you are logged into your account, you can make sure your account is all set by clicking on your initials in the top right corner and navigating to Account in the dropdown menu
You can take care of this right within your Account when logged into Headway. Click on your initials in the top right corner, navigate to Account and follow the below steps.
- Option 1
- If you have the same carrier but new ID, remove your current information and add in the new one. We’ll recalculate your benefit and let you know if anything has changed. Be sure to add new info as soon as you have it so we can make sure everything goes smoothly!
- Option 2
- If you have a new insurance carrier, you’ll want to make sure your current therapist takes that plan. You can find this on your providers Headway profile, by sending a message to your therapist, or asking them at your next session.
We’re also happy to help you figure it out—you can always send us a message via the contact form!